Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to achieve the goals in the Strategic Plan and to fulfilling overall Association wide goals
- Support Association wide fundraising and other
- Lead fundraising efforts for both branches and ensure achievement of annual goals.
- Establish a dynamic, customer-focused plan to improve the YMCA’s membership retention and Implement an ongoing member involvement plan that moves members from a casual to committed relationship with the YMCA and increases the number of members involved as donors and volunteers.
- Provide direction and leadership on the execution of membership goals and
- Assist with procedural updates and training with Human Resources Department,
- Provide leadership to support Association wide priorities to include sports programming, rentals of the facilities and innovative programing.
- Support and provide leadership to the Shooting Stars Dance
- Provide direct leadership to the branches and strengthen the staff’s capacity to work effectively as a
- Ensure that the YMCA has an outstanding, dedicated, and culturally competent staff, with a spirit of camaraderie and passion for the YMCA
- Attract and retain top staff and act as caretaker for the assets of the retain ultimate responsibility for program development.
- Ensure necessary data collection for outcome-based measurement in YMCA programs.
- With Branch leadership teams, prepare the annual operating
- Administer the budget and exercise necessary controls to ensure that the operation is maintained within the approved budget. In response to financial trends, recommend adjustments in operations to ensure a balanced
- Develop and initiate grant opportunities to augment program offerings. Be pro- active in obtaining federal, state, and private funds to ensure successful implementation of mission programming.
- Actively pursue collaborative relationships with agencies, businesses, schools, and other community service organizations in the Branch service
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk management and safety practices are in place and
- Provide leadership for Branch volunteer development efforts to include: board development; committee development and annual support campaign
- Must be active in civic and community groups, be respected as a leader and uphold the highest standards and values exemplified in the identify key issues and challenges facing the community with particular attention to underserved groups which can be addressed within the mission, goals, values, and resources of the
- Stay current and support staff with maintaining COVID19 protocols and standards.
YMCA of Greater Providence Team Standards
Know our mission and be able to tell our story.
The mission of the YMCA of Greater Providence is to build healthy spirit, mind and body for all, through programs, services and relationships that are based on our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Honor your colleagues by being on time, present and fully engaged at all
- If you disagree, propose a
- Be accountable for
- A commitment to valuing and acting as one YMCA as evidenced by referring to ourselves as employees of the YMCA of Greater
- Display leadership that requires not only skill, but energy, passion, optimism and
- Build open and honest Face to face, or voice to voice, is the preferred method of communication with email for information sharing only.
- Deliver exceptional service that is of high Build a positive staff team. Be friendly.
Effect on End Results
The effectiveness of the performance of this position can be evaluated by:
- Completion of objectives relating to Branch and Association
- Sound fiscal operations, including achieving revenue targets, with growth to prior year
- Strong, committed, active, and community-representative Board structure, supported by an effective committee
- Strong, professional staff team sufficiently equipped and empowered to carry out the programmatic goals of the
- Outstanding, effective community relationships, resulting in successful collaborations and community Effective, well organized Annual Support Campaign.
- Fun, productive and effective work environments
- Minimum of 8 or more years overall leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an executive level/senior management position (YMCA or non-profit experience preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- This individual must have a hands-on knowledge of effective operating approaches and be fully versed in managing a volunteer organization with diverse membership and community needs
- High level competency skills in the following areas are needed – member focused, results driven, problem solving, team focused, and influence
Managerial and Consultative Skills
Extensive experience in financial management, community development, membership and program delivery, empowering leadership skills, organization development, strategic planning, facility operations, risk management, managing diversity, and fundraising are integral to this position.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands; balance, stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to travel to other branches, within the community and local region.
The position has exposure to Blood borne Pathogens and the incumbent will be educated and prepared to do so.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Director is responsible for establishing and implementing the mission, goals, and values of the YMCA within their community. This involves all aspects of building and maintaining an outstanding staff (hiring, recruiting, and training); developing and working with an involved Councils for one separate Branch PYS. As a foundational member in the community, this key position is to develop community based fundraising programs. The Executive Director is also responsible for growing the revenue, improving the operating performance management of their facilities and achieving fund raising objectives