New Jersey School Boards Association The New Jersey School Boards Association is a non partisan federation of local boards of education. Its mission is to provide training, advocacy and support to advance public education and promote the achievement of all students through effective governance. NJSBA is currently seeking to replace its Executive Director, who will be retiring after nearly 10 years of successful leadership.
Reporting to the NJSBA Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead a staff of 62, advocate for public education, and manage and build services to advance the Association's mission.
The successful candidate will possess qualifications and experience that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Five years as a chief executive officer or executive level manager (or equivalent experience), preferably in an association, educational entity or non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy, Including building relationships and communicating effectively with governmental decision-makers and education stakeholders at the state and federal levels.
- A record of effective development of new revenue sources, entrepreneurial activities, and public-private partnerships.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience).
- Experience in education (public K-12 education experience preferred.
The successful candidate must comply with the 'New Jersey First Act' (N.J.S.A.52:14-7), regarding residency in New Jersey or the establishment of residency in the state within one year of initial employment NJSBA has an outstanding record of service in support of boards of education and in training and assisting individual school board members. The Association's membership includes the state's 580 local school boards and 77 public charter school associates. NJSBA expects the next Executive Director to build upon its record of success.
NJSBA offers an attractive compensation package.
Position available on or before July 1, 2022. Deadline for receipt of applications is 5 p.m. [EDT), March 25, 2022
Email (preferred) resume to: NJSBA-ED@njsba.org Regular mail: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH Attn: Cynthia Harrison New Jersey School Boards Association 413 West State Street Trenton, N.J 08618 Additional questions, contact Cynthia Harrison at: 215-378-5334