Looking for a champion who will inspire and lead
For more than sixty years, The United Arc has blazed a trail in the pursuit of diversity and inclusion for the individuals and families of our community. The mission of achieving the universal goals of inclusion, choice, and independence for all, as well as for those with intellectual and development disabilities, has been a hallmark of the organization throughout that time. The United Arc now seeks an energetic and passionate Chief Executive Officer; one to lead the organization with transparency as it looks to evolve into a community support focused organization.
The United Arc is a mature organization which provides disability, child welfare, and advocacy services. The CEO oversees a $4+ million budget, reporting directly to the agency’s board of directors. With the main office in Turner Falls, MA (upper Pioneer Valley), the CEO will ensure that the agency’s programs are of high value to constituents while promoting the development of all staff. She/he will lead planning with the board to implement objectives which achieve new growth and diversify funding sources.
A Portion of the Chief Executive Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the agency’s programs and daily operations.
- Strategic planning for the entire organization with focus on future financial, staff, industry, individual need, and community trends.
- Develop a vision for the organization’s future in coordination with the Board of Directors and organizational stakeholders.
- Ensures that all state and federal regulations are in practice and oversees the Quality Enhancement review process.
- Ensures that an internal quality assessment review of programs is completed and that the quality of service provided meets or exceeds state and federal standards.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all licensure requirements and practices.
- Oversees the development and implementation of consistent financial policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Oversees annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Approves major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results to Board of Directors.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff by promoting a creative and supportive work culture throughout the organization.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment that helps to improve staff engagement.
- Effectively advocate on the part of those being served by The United Arc, those employed by The United Arc, and for the organization itself.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Comfortable utilizing technical resources
- Takes initiative
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Forthright and transparent
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 or more years of management experience in an operational environment with some of that time worked within a Non-Profit setting
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Massachusetts DDS regulations and DCF, DMH guidelines and practices
- Experience with the Massachusetts Department of Quality Enhancement
- Experience with the grant writing process
- History of successful fundraising efforts
The United Arc offers a tremendous benefits package that include health and dental insurance, 3 weeks of vacation per year, 10 sick days, 6 agency-recognized holidays and 6 floating holidays, along with other employer-paid and optional benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume by email or by mail attention Human Resources at The United Arc, 294 Avenue A, Turners Falls, MA 01376.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday