Senior Associate, Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives
About the Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation's first African American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it's holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, "we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together." So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org.
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, leverage, and expand the MBK partnership and support base, which includes influencers, corporations, and philanthropic groups. The Senior Associate,Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives is responsible for developing and executing a highly strategic, innovative, and collaborative strategy to identify and engage critical partners in accelerating the impact of MBK Alliances's work in communities. This leader will help connect the MBK Alliance programming to the Foundation's Theory of Change. In addition, this leader ensures partnership initiatives are aligned to and enable the Foundation's Theory of Change.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Strategic Coordination: Utilize a framework and system to assess and identify priority partnerships in order to maximize MBK Alliance's strategic outcomes. Work to align elements of the MBK Alliance strategy to the Obama Foundation's Theory of Change, develop and monitor measurement and goals accordingly.
- Project Management: Identify, track, and manage all partnership requests and proposals. Create and manage partnership plans to execute on collaborations as needed.
- External Stakeholder Management: Provide clear, consistent and timely communication to all potential and existing partners. Create and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing partners.
- Internal Communications: Provide clear, consistent, and relevant information regarding partnership MBKA team members, internal stakeholders from various departments, and, in partnership with the Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations, MBKA Advisory Council members and other stakeholders
- Development: Coordinate with the Obama Foundation's Development team to ensure that MBK Alliance is helping to raise funds for its program and the broader Foundation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- System for Strategic Coordination: System for assessing partnership needs and opportunities
- Tracking and Alignment: System for tracking and management partnership requests and assessment of alignment with MBK strategy
- Internal Communications: Communication strategy and plan to ensure stakeholder awareness, understanding and engagement with partnership priorities and processes
- Development: Fundraising for MBK Alliance priorities
- Ability to build networks and help individuals achieve success and groups come together to support each other
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and collaborative approaches to program and experience design
- Ability to drive results and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with stakeholders at all levels (e.g., senior level executives, government officials, community leaders, nonprofit and philanthropic partners).
- Clear writing and communication skills and the ability to tailors the content and delivery of communications to the listener's needs
- Strategic planning or advising experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.