Vice President of Development, Communications, and External Relations
Who We Are || VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help the most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create a fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to serving the whole person. Since 1934, VOAMASS has provided critical services to the residents of the Commonwealth. From pioneering early residential treatment programs in the 1960’s to leading today in the field of mental health prison diversion programming, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our greatest challenges
What We Do || Through our powerful integrated behavioral health care model, we bring together vast resources from a diverse team of caring staff to help each client meet their personal goals. The care we provide paves the way for greater opportunity and second chances by focusing on the critical pillars towards a healthy life: behavioral health, financial stability, and safe housing.
As Vice President of Development, Communications, and External Relations, you’ll have a dynamic and critical role:
- Lead all communications, public relations, and public affairs
- Lead the VOAMASS development staff in grant writing, marketing, and events
- Organize and implement innovative and effective fundraising strategies. Partner with the CEO, CFO and COO on fundraising goals including expanding the donor base, and private foundation and strategic partnerships. Manage relationships with major donors and corporations
- Serve as the VOAMASS brand leader and partner with the CEO and the Executive Team
- Partner with the CEO and strategic consultants on evolving the language deployed to advance our shift to an Integrated Care Management Business Model
- Partner with the Executive and Management Team supporting both external and internal communications while refining and evolving the language deployed through all communications internally and externally for consistent narratives and program descriptions
- Lead and manage the VOAMASS website and social media presence and monitor the ever-evolving marketing strategies and technology VOAMASS can leverage to boost our brand awareness and visibility
- Partner directly with the CEO on communications to VOAMASS staff and management team and the VOAMASS Board of Directors and Affiliate Board of Directors
- Manage our communications to support a positive and employee-centric organizational culture here at VOAMASS and coordinate with the program leadership team facilitating story telling on behalf of front-line staff and the clients we serve
- Partner with the Vice President of Human Resources to improve our recruiting strategies tied to our web site, social media strategies, and how we present VOAMASS in the broader marketplace and community.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in strategic decision-making regarding volunteer recruitment and internships.
- Lead and direct all the VOAMASS works with external consultants including marketing, emergency triage response, political advocacy and partner agencies
- Support the point person on insurance payer relationships as it related to value-based contracting with both public and private Insurance payers
- Coordinate all VOA National partnerships on behalf of VOAMASS including the Home Depot Foundation, Humana Health Foundation, and other corporate relationships VOA National has on behalf of all VOA Affiliates
- Manage all communications with VOA National including regular updates to the Friday Bulletin and the National VOA Leadership Team
- Participate in the VOA National Marketing Group Team and determine what products VOA National Team develops on behalf of their affiliates and assess VOA Affiliate marketing strategies to determine if their successful tactics could apply to VOAMASS and our marketplace in Massachusetts
- Ensure proper ethical standards are upheld in fundraising and public relations efforts.
- Assume other duties assigned from the CEO, CFO, and COO.
This role is about making a difference in the lives of the people we serve. You’ll bring the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience with proven experience in driving results for nonprofits through grant writing, major and planned gifts, fundraising, and event management.
- Management experience required.
- Excellent ability to develop relationships and a proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels and in all environments.
- Proven success working within a fast paced, dynamic work environment which requires the collaboration of multiple groups.
- Perform well under pressure and consistently meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas, strategies and results at the senior executive level.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of core business and financial metrics; good knowledge of current affairs.
- Strategic, critical, and creative thinking skills. Proven innovator.
- Sound judgment and impeccable discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong writing and editing skills
Great Place to Work-Certified™
For full-time employees, our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
In accordance with VOAMASS’ duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our clients, partners, visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health