Manager of Special Events
The Manager of Special Events is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing an integrated and comprehensive events program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction and connection with alumni, friends, faculty and staff in order to facilitate the realization of the Foundation’s multiple goals, including but not limited to philanthropic achievement. The Manager is a forward-thinking, innovative and energetic professional with proven success in donor events, capable of developing and orchestrating the implementation of a multi-year plan to advance institutional efforts.
The Manager of Special Events reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the Foundation. The Manager works closely with the other Directors at the Foundation, Philanthropy Officers, the President’s office, Deans and where appropriate, academic/administrative department heads.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement a comprehensive cost-effective special events program, which raises significant funds, enhances the Kean University Foundation’s image and increase Foundation visibility in the community
- Manage all aspects of the events including program, promotional strategies, printed materials, event logistics, donated items and budgets
- Manage the invitation process and track responses
- Maintain and organize special event utilization of Raisers Edge including: invitation lists, attendance lists and other aspects of the event
- Coordinate with Kean University Foundation, and as appropriate Kean University, staff to create, implement and track special events which are consistent with the Division’s goals and priorities
- Utilize events to enlist, develop, involve and maintain volunteer leaders and donors and coordinate and supervise related tasks
- Under the direction of the COO develop and implement budgets relating to Special Events
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO or COO of Kean University Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or combination of education and experience as appropriate
- Minimum of two years experience in a related position
- Raisers Edge knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
Number of Openings:
Please email cover letter and resume to the HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kean University Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, sexual or affectional preference, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, citizenship, age, disability, pregnancy or lactating mother status, marital or domestic status, military or veteran status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or testing, or any other legally protected status. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
The Foundation will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on operations. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please notify the Chief Operating Officer.