Riverside County Region
Reports to: Associate Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Starting Wage: Commensurate with experience
Position Status: Full time, Exempt
Effective Date: December 2021
Visión y Compromiso (VyC) is dedicated to improved community well-being by supporting promotores and community health
workers (CHWs). Trusted community leaders, promotores are deeply rooted in their desire to transform their communities
into healthier places where all residents can live a healthy and dignified life. VyC is the lead agency in California providing
culturally and linguistically relevant training, workforce development, leadership opportunities, and advocacy on behalf of
promotores and CHWs as integral to community well-being. The VyC vision, Hacia una Vida Digna y Sana (A Healthy and
Dignified Life for All), reflects its work to improve economic and health equity for underrepresented communities by
enhancing promotores’ capacity to serve their community. VyC strengthens the ability of communities to identify issues of
concern, confront barriers, propose locally defined solutions, inform policies, change organizational practices, and improve
individual and community health.
Vision y Compromiso, a national non-profit and leader in the field of health education and outreach is seeking applicants
for a full time Director of Family and Community to be responsible for developing and executing a holistic approach to
supporting multi-generational families with programming that will foster emotional and mental wellness. This is a new
position that will lead programs that focus on families and communities.
The ideal candidate Will:
- have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in directing and managing community based,
- family focused programs preferably in behavioral health or community development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to professionally engage and move fluidly between diverse stakeholder audiences is
- They will have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, database, PowerPoint, internet research, social media)
- and experience managing spreadsheet data.
- Ability to participate in team settings, manage multiple and often simultaneous tasks, and contribute to creating a work environment that is recognized for a high level of ethical integrity, quality work, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and results.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, partner agencies, funders, and public officials is a necessity.
- They will have the ability to communicate well (read, write, and speak) in English and Spanish. An ability to travel as needed. A commitment to advance social justice and health equity in communities of color.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year institution, preferably in Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Education, or a related field or commensurate experience is required. Bilingual skills in Spanish and English is also required.
Applications will be open December 3, 2021 until the position has been filled. Please submit resumes and questions to Ana
Velazquez via email (email@example.com).