Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Hours: 40 hours per week minimum
Our Daily Bread Food Pantry, Inc. (ODBFP) was founded in January, 2016 as a mission of The Family Church at 1450 Winterberry Drive, Marco Island Fl. In January, 2019, ODBFP incorporated as a standalone 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt non-profit organization. Our Vision is “Working to Wipe Out Hunger”, and our mission is to share the love of God by reducing hunger and building relationships in our community. Our goal is to offer nourishing food choices, encouragement, and hope. We actively endorse our Non-discrimination Policy: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origins, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. The organization is currently led by a team of 4 Directors and is operated with a 100% volunteer organization. With the rapid growth and increasing demand, the ODBFP Board has determined that there is a need to hire an Executive Director.
The Executive Director will act as the primary leader of ODBFP, reports to the Board Chair, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and strategic objectives.
· Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission through consistent and timely progress.
· Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and Volunteer Leadership Team
· Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
· Oversee volunteer staff who maintains official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Develop and administer operational policies and guidelines.
· Oversee the volunteers who manage the various facilities and assures they are maintained to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
· Provide leadership to the various members of the Volunteer Leadership Team, Food Procurement Manager, Distribution Manager, IT Leader, Communications and Donor Manager, Finance Manager, and Mobile Pantry/Admin Manager.
· Oversee HR issues and assure compliance with government and internal personnel policies.
· Recruit, manage, motivate and retain volunteers….creating a cadre of Pantry “Community Ambassadors”.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
· Publicize the activities of the organization, events, programs, and goals
· Assure maintenance, through utilization of volunteer talent, of the Website; establish periodic Newsletters, annual reports, etc.
· Establish sound working relationships and cooperative relationships with community groups, organizations, donors, etc.
· Represent ODBFP to agencies, organizations, and the public.
· Maintain working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
· Work closely with the Board.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE
· Provide leadership to the Financial Volunteer Team and the IT Volunteer Team
o Work with volunteers, Finance Team and Board in preparing the annual budget complete with measurable objectives.
o Provide monthly tracking of actual to budget performance
o Ensure that adequate funds are available for organization to carry out its work
· Jointly, with the Board Chair, conduct official correspondence of the organization and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
· Provide Leadership to the Long-Term Planning/Strategic Teams
· Work in collaboration with the Development Committee to create and execute an annual fundraising plan. Plan is to be submitted and approved by the Board by November of each year for the forthcoming year.
· Work closely with the Finance Committee to understand budget projections and ensure that the fundraising/development plan aligns to meeting those needs.
· Implement approved development plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
· Actively seek fundraising opportunities. This includes grant writing, donor interactions, financial campaign development, etc. Provide leadership to the volunteers who are responsible for the various activities
· Oversee the volunteers responsible for data entry, gift processing, donor appreciation, etc.
· Provide monthly updates to the Board
· Develop and nurture ongoing relationships with major donors
· Oversee organization and execution of special events.
· Monitor trends in the community and region and adapt fundraising strategies as appropriate.
· Assist the Board Chair in planning the agenda and materials for Board Meetings
· Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities
· Assist in the orientation of new board members
· Work with Board to raise funds from the community
· Provide leadership in collaborating with the Board.
· Proven experience in a management position
· 3-5 years’ experience in Development with proven success
· Confident and natural communicator with strong interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, communication, and leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully
· Skilled in conflict resolution, and an effective team player
· Experience in working with a Board of Directors of a non-profit organization is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We have protocols in place for all volunteers with regard to COVID-19.
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location