Make a Difference! Join an organization dedicated to defining and advancing high-quality and accessible cancer care globally so patients can live better lives.
The Manager, Cancer Care Equity Program, through collaboration with NCCN leadership, the Elevating Cancer Equity Working Group, and other relevant stakeholders, will identify areas where NCCN can work to advance more equitable cancer care systems through policy and research according to the NCCN mission and strategic plan. This position will lead the overall development, execution, and advancement of NCCN’s equity initiatives and agenda. The Manager, Cancer Care Equity Program will build and cultivate relationships with a broad group of stakeholders including the Elevating Cancer Equity Working Group, policymakers including regulators and legislators, community-based organizations, patient advocates and caregiver representatives, providers, payers, researchers, accreditation entities, and other stakeholders as appropriate. The position will participate in related projects and perform other functions as may be required from time to time. This position requires occasional overnight travel.
- Leads NCCN contributions to and support of the Alliance for Cancer Care Equity, a convening of stakeholders committed to advancing structural systems change in cancer care.
- Acts as the primary contact on equity initiatives for policymakers, government and commercial payers, regulators, community-based organizations, professional specialty and advocacy organizations, providers, patient advocates, industry representatives, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Leads the effective implementation of NCCN’s equity agendas through outreach to federal, and state legislators, administrators, and regulators.
- Supports the implementation of the Health Equity Report Card (HERC) Pilot Program and works to bring the HERC to scale.
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes legislative and regulatory proposals related to advancing equitable cancer care. Leads comments and responses to t policies in collaboration with the Senior Director and NCCN leadership.
- Represents the organization on coalitions and committees related to Cancer Care Equity at the national level.
- Develops, executes, and leads t educational events and programming including as appropriate the NCCN Policy Summit Series.
- Supports policy research initiatives as they arise and supports the development of the NCCN Center for Cancer Policy Research.
- Authors/contributes to white papers and articles for submission to peer-reviewed publications that focus on NCCN equity initiatives.
- May support the NCCN Government Affairs Committee and/or NCCN Policy Advisory Group as needed.
- Master’s degree or higher or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in equity focused policy, advocacy, or coalition building work.
- Demonstrated history of accomplishments in policy, advocacy, community organizing, and/or coalition building at the national and/or state level.
- Oncology experience preferred
- Experience engaging with community-based organizations and building diverse and collaborative coalitions preferred
- Publication and policy experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, advanced relationship building skills, and an ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Passion and commitment to advancing more equitable systems of cancer care
- Innovative and strategic thinker interested in creative methods to advance racial equity in cancer care outcomes
- Excellent project management skills with a strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Knowledge and understanding of the cancer care equity landscape
- Proficient in MS Office products
This position represents a unique opportunity to build a career with a premier organization. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits.
EOE. No calls please.
This position is located in Plymouth Meeting, PA with the ability to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location