The Manager, Advancement Operations is responsible for creating and implementing an operational infrastructure to support all areas of Advancement including corporate, individual, foundation, and government giving. They will also drive our communications and collaborations across areas of Advancement by managing and maintaining streamlined and clear departmental communications systems.
Working closely under the direction of the Assistant Director, Development, the Manager supports Sundance Institute’s commitment to attracting, retaining, and engaging mission and values aligned donors to support our work through financial contributions and otherwise.
This full-time, remote position works extended hours including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year. This role must be based in one of the states we are currently able to operate, which include AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, and District of Columbia.
Top priorities include, but are not limited to...
- Maintaining an inventory of current and prospective shared resources that will enhance Advancement team effectiveness and responsiveness to other departments and stakeholders.
- Reviewing and recommending suggestions from the internal Communications team that will be established as ongoing procedures and plans.
- Leading timelines and managing procedures related to Advancement communications with stakeholders; collaborating with Marketing.
- Collaborating with each revenue area and serving as central budget manager for all Advancement, functioning as the singular point person to deliver monthly updates on revenue and expense projections to the Finance Department.
- Working closely with Co-Directors of Advancement on reports for the Finance Committee, Development Committee, and other leadership needs.
- Developing and maintaining detailed information on prospective donors which are easily searched and sorted by outlined criteria including region, interest, relationship-manager, and prospective gift level, etc.
- Ensuring clear and effective internal departmental communication for the Advancement team.
- With the Data Analyst, co-leading collaboration with Tech and Finance teams to ensure NetSuite is maintained and accurate with current data; generating tax acknowledgement letters, and pulling reports.
- Leading department wide recognition process for Annual Report, Festival Collateral, Website, Lab Books, and other relevant documents and materials; ensuring data is complete, managing the approval process and trafficking through the advancement department, and serving as Advancement’s main liaison with marketing on final approvals and integration.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 3 years of experience in development operations or a related field.
- Past experience managing collaborations across functions, with an ability to motivate and lead teammates and colleagues who are not direct reports.
- Strong project management skills to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop tactics for addressing issues or requests.
- Genuine passion for and excitement about Sundance Institute’s nonprofit mission, and a culture defined by collaboration, curiosity, and creativity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
You will be successful in this role if you...
- Take a proactive approach to work and excel in project management.
- Have an exceptional attention to detail, and are able to identify trends and discrepancies in accounting, reporting, and operational processes.
- Create improved processes to streamline and enhance department operations.
- Collaborate as a team member to solve complex problems.
- Effectively prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of projects.
In addition to an annual salary of $50,400.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
- 25 paid holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid sick, family, and medical leave
- 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
- Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
- Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers
- Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.