About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty through equitable financial services. Our team serves residents of seven states—RI, DE, FL, IL, TX, CO and MA—with plans for further expansion. Good Fund employees are committed to using financial services to transform the lives of those we serve.
This position is an opportunity to help a growing non-profit build strong, sustainable, and diverse sources of philanthropic funding and loan capital as we expand to new markets. The Senior Development Officer will work with the Director of Development to research, organize, write, report, and manage grants, individual donor appeals, and other fundraising activities. As the department grows, this position will include supervisory duties.
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Prepare, edit, and submit grant applications and reports under supervision of Director of Development
- Conduct funder outreach to ascertain funding priorities, follow up on grant proposals, and determine marketing parameters
- Manage the fundraising schedule, ensuring that letters of inquiry, grants, and reports are submitted on time
- Research grant opportunities and prepare thorough summaries for presentation to the Development team at weekly staff meetings
- Coordinate with Communications team and funders regarding social media and newsletter announcements
- Work with the Accounting Team to track and report on fundraising activities, including ensuring that Accounting receives copies of grant agreements, W9s, and other required documents
- Maintain Salesforce database to ensure donation and grant opportunities are kept up-to-date at all times
- Assist Director of Development in the generation of Salesforce reports
- Assist Director of Development with tracking progress on projected grant outcomes
- Assist Director of Development and CEO with preparation of background information on high net-worth donor and investor prospects in advance of meetings
- Communicate with other department heads to obtain information needed for grant proposals and reports
- Process incoming donations with guidance from Vice President of Investor Relations and CEO
- Prepare acknowledgement and follow-up materials for donors and investors
- Update grant template language as needed
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with new organizations
- Have project management experience and / or experience managing others
- Experience with using Customer Relationship Management software like Salesforce and donor platforms like Donorbox
- Comfort with collaborative working environments and experience with cloud-based collaborative file-sharing systems, particularly GDrive
Training, and Compensation
The Senior Development Officer will receive extensive training on all Capital Good Fund: products and services, policies and procedures, fundraising goals and strategies, software and technology, standards for grant proposals and reporting, and expectations for grant and donor research.
This is a full time forty hour-per-week position. The Senior Development Officer will earn an annual salary of $52,605.
In addition, the The Senior Development Officer will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with an employer match of 3%, medical insurance with a $350/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 paid vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include supervisor-approved opportunities to work from home, flexible scheduling, an office stipend, and 12.5 paid holidays including a floating holiday for your birthday!
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and accompanying résumé.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background check.
Capital Good Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Good Fund welcomes every protected characteristic including: race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,605.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)