Member of the Healthy Start multidisciplinary team uses a family systems approach to support father involvement through individual goal planning, case management, and group education and support. Works collaboratively with case management team members to ensure optimal fatherhood involvement in the lives of the children.
- Identify, enroll, and serve eligible fatherhood program participants, working closely with the case management team.
- Plans and delivers practical program activities and services: monitors activities for efficacy; ensures client services, documentation, and data collection have integrity, are accurate, and are compliant with grant requirements; proposes changes to supervisor as necessary.
- Conducts goal setting, advocacy, case management, outreach, and recruitment.
- Link program participants to community resources such as housing, workforce development programs, transportation, food, and mental health services
- Document service delivery and conduct periodic service plan meetings with participants.
- Developing content for and coordinating group educational and support activities- including programs and classes using 24/7 Dad curricula as well as other tools and frameworks
- Assisting and/or presenting programs on health information and services to community groups.
- Manages all fatherhood database systems as required.
- Prepare monthly HGP Healthy Start Program report.
- Participates in required program training and staff meetings.
- Participates in public health emergency response efforts as trained and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and two years of experience working with individuals from all socioeconomical backgrounds especially males. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Preference will be given to applicants who in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications also possess a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, experience working with individuals from all socioeconomically backgrounds and knowledgeable of 24/7 Dads Curriculum.