This is a temporary position through June 30, 2022, working from either Washington, DC or Yarmouth MA
The Development Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to IFAW’s Development Department with a focus on major gifts and legacy plus spot coverage for other Development teams. S/he will perform a variety of tasks to support the fundraising team and contribute to a well-functioning and donor-centered department for one of the world’s leading animal welfare and wildlife conservation organizations. The position reports to the Senior Development Coordinator for Major Gifts US.
Role and Responsibilities
- Mailings: pull lists from database; prepare merge letters for review; assemble custom mailings and emails to donors
- Data entry: with attention to accuracy, speed and donor privacy compliance
- Reports: pull exports from database, perform quality check, distribute and update as directed
- Event support: logistical task support as directed
- Provide spot coverage as needed in Development department (for staff on PTO)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- One or more years’ comparable experience in a professional office environment required.
- A strong commitment to IFAW’s mission; interest in animal welfare and conservation.
- Superior attention to detail – spelling and data integrity a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork principles.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Non Profit experience a plus.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.