International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) is a non-profit association that brings together scientists, clinicians, health-care providers, and policymakers to stimulate and support the study of pain and translate that knowledge into improved pain relief worldwide.
The Manager of Education is an exciting, fast-paced position for an individual who is ready to take on the development and execution of IASP education programs & initiatives for the events portfolio including the World Congress on Pain, the International Congress on Neuropathic Pain, other SIG Meetings and IASP programs. The Manager will ensure that all programs are compliant with continuing education requirements as needed and serve to advance the education objectives of IASP.
IASP is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented professional to organize and manage the creation and delivery of IASP’s high-quality educational programs and resources using best practices in adult learning principles and curriculum development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Scientific Program Committee on the evaluation, scoring and review of program and abstract review. Serve as primary point of contact for committee members.
- Manage the development and creation of presentation, abstract, disclosures, review, and scoring sites. Provide status reports on a regular basis for completion of speaker submissions.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for invited speakers. Be responsive to email requests for information. Be fully knowledgeable about the functions and capabilities of the abstract/speaker management systems.
- Serve as primary point of contact with the third party CME provider to manage the CME approval and review process.
- Compile/Export information for inclusion in Program Guide and mobile app
World Congress on Pain
- All of the above, plus the following:
- Assist in the preparation of printed materials, marketing items, email and website content for Congress communications by contributing to content ideas and text, overall marketing strategies, etc. that specifically pertain to educational content of the Congress program.
- Assist in development of virtual scientific content, as needed.
Pain Education Resource Center (IASP LMS)
- Manage IASP’s learning management software platform, PERC. Upload recordings as needed and ensure information is accurately displayed.
- Using topics selected by SPC, organize recordings by topic. Create and save topical searches for most common IASP member occupations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $33.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Washington, DC 20005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19