The Strong is looking to expand our facility and our services to meet a growing demand and our community’s growing needs. The major gifts officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors and prospects at the $50,000+ level. This position develops and implements strategies to achieve the museum’s fundraising goals and successfully raises major gifts from a range of new and existing donors and prospects.
This position can be structured with either a full-time or part-time schedule.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of 100+ assigned major giving prospects locally, on the east coast, and in the U.S. toy and video game centers.
- Maintain an active schedule of moves management interactions (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship), including both individual and corporate prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to achieve museum fundraising goals through major gifts of $50,000+ in support of the success of The Strong's capital campaign. This plan should reflect a keen understanding of prospect management.
- Develop strategies for qualifying and building relationships with top prospects, and conduct an active schedule of cultivation and stewardship visits to prospects with giving ability of $50,000 and above.
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon goals for visits and solicitations with prospects and donors.
- Work with Institutional Advancement colleagues to implement a detailed campaign plan, keeping staff and senior leadership informed of progress.
- Monitor and pursue all campaign timelines and goals.
- Create productive working relationships with museum staff, Board members, and a broad array of donors and prospects.
- Contribute to an ongoing system of prospect assignment, tracking, and activity that is regularly reviewed with all involved. Track prospect interactions and proposals in the donor database, Altru.
- Assist in other initiatives related to fundraising and development, as well as general support of museum events and outreach.
- Collaborate with and support other areas of advancement and engagement at The Strong as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The candidate may have any combination of education and experience, but should possess the required skills and knowledge for successful performance. Our general minimum requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in major gift and/or annual fundraising at a nonprofit, cultural, educational, or similar institution
- Experience working within a donor database, such as Altru, Raiser's Edge, or similar systems
- Results-oriented with a successful track record in meeting and/or exceeding fundraising goals and objectives
- Strong data analysis skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with competing deadlines and varying priorities without compromising attention to detail or quality of work
- Ability to travel in accordance with federal and state COVID-19 guidelines
- Familiarity with and/or established relationships in the tech, video game, and/or toy industries is desired
Must consent to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check as conditions of employment.
Please apply on our website at https://www.museumofplay.org/about/employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance