EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Midwest Food Bank (MFB) is a $350M non-profit organization with ten divisions in the U.S. and two operations internationally. MFB operates with $57M in assets and an annual organizational operating budget of $12M to distribute over $350M in food and disaster relief food boxes to 2,000 agencies. MFB is seeking an Executive Director to lead its Pennsylvania division located in Middletown, PA. The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the ongoing fundraising, operations, employees, and volunteers.
- College Degree.
- 5-years relevant work experience, 10-years desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, oversee program implementation, engage teammates and deliver results.
- Proven initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to foster a team-oriented work environment.
- Experience in community engagement, preferably across the greater Harrisburg area.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Executive Director provides key interface with Division Advisory board, Division’s employees/volunteers, and the MFB National organization. The Executive Director will maintain clear and appropriate communication with the Divisional Advisory Board members. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring food service programs are executed with efficient use of the facilities, employees and volunteers. The Executive Director will support MFB budgeting, reporting, system, tax adherence, and other requirements for a nonprofit. The Executive Director will represent MFB to the community and will develop strategic relationships to advance the MFB mission.
- Manage network for food procurement and distribution $30-$50M annually.
- Maintain & build relationships with 200-500 food agencies.
- Develop & build local brand awareness, donor base, and financial support for Pennsylvania Division.
- Oversea for campus, property, facility care and maintenance.
- Connect and build donor support for $1M operational budget.
- Active in donor relationship building, fundraising and donor appreciation.
- Overseas all areas of operations including facility, staff, volunteers, and financial planning.
- Fosters a Christ centered culture, building relationships and appreciation for employees and volunteers.
MIDWEST FOOD BANK MISSION STATEMENT:
As a faith-based organization, it is the mission of Midwest Food Bank to share the love of Christ by alleviating hunger and malnutrition locally and throughout the world and providing disaster relief; all without discrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday