Security Systems Specialist – Fort Worth
Are you looking for a rewarding career with top-notch benefits? We’re looking for a qualified Security Systems Specialist like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: 1301 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Work Environment: Security Systems
- Work hours: Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:00PM
- Salary range: $21.42 - $36.30 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States with a team of more than 23,000 employees of wholly owned/operated facilities plus 2,200 employees of consolidated joint ventures in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
- 3 Years security access control and video system required
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good verbal communication skills
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with peers, executive and medical staff, department heads and staff in other departments, patients/families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Texas Health positively.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner
- Must possess the ability to investigate, analyze, and resolve non-routine issues and problems
- Requires special protective equipment, training, and adherence to prescribed rules and procedures
- Must possess high levels of alertness
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate interfaces between trades.
- Must possess visual and mental concentration on instruments, dials, readouts, displays, etc.
- Must possess the ability to observe and rapidly react to changeable operations
- Must possess precise hand-eye coordination and fine motor dexterity
- Must possess the ability to continuously stand, walk, or move around the work place
- Must possess the ability to analyze, investigate and resolve badge access issues and problems.
- Must demonstrate evidence of self-direction, flexibility, adaptability, creativity, prioritization, and effective time management
- Must demonstrate the ability to recognize and safeguard confidential information.
- Must possess proven analytical skills
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of computers and Microsoft software applications, security card access software.
- Assist Security Access Control and Communications management with the administration of the security card access system software and enforcing security system standards and policies. This includes programming system software changes, creating and assigned new access levels for new card reader installations, programming and updating system device groups, and updating cardholder information in the system database.
- Assist Security Access Control and Communications management with the coordination and scheduling of all the repairs of card access hardware and digital video systems. This also includes supervising the service vendors and covering as a Security Systems on-call person on nights and weekends.
- Interfacing with various departments regarding the repairs of the security systems equipment. This includes interfacing with Engineering regarding door hardware equipment repairs and ceiling work permit inspections, and interfacing with Information Systems/Telecom regarding network and telecom connectivity for access control and digital video systems equipment.
- Assists the Badge Office with creating access card badges for employees, contractors, and medical staff when needed. This also includes photographing employees/staff and creating security badges, inputting and updating cardholder information, importing and exporting cardholders photos, creating, modifying and assigning card access levels to badges.
- Responsible for promptly responding to user requests to include: providing support to employees and staff with badge requests, verifying requests for badge access and assigning access levels as needed, troubleshooting security badge issues and running weekly badge access reports.
- Responsible for the enforcement of policies, rules and regulations to include: verification of employee/contractor government issued IDs before issuing security badges, and communication of current badge access policies.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Security Systems Specialist you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.