MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is a rapidly growing national nonprofit health IT organization with two decades of experience transforming health care delivery to drive health equity. We are hiring for a number of new positions to meet increasing demand. When you choose to join OCHIN, you have the opportunity to continuously grow your skills and do meaningful work to help fulfill our mission.
OCHIN provides leading-edge technology, data analytics, research, and support services to more than 500 community health care sites, reaching nearly 6 million patients nationally. We believe that every individual, no matter their race, ethnicity, background, or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. We partner, learn, innovate, and advocate, in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by racism or other structural inequities.
At OCHIN, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual and work hard to maintain a culture of belonging.
Founded in Oregon in 2000, OCHIN employs a growing virtual workforce of more than 500 diverse professionals, working remotely across 40+ states. We offer a generous compensation package and are committed to supporting our employees’ entire well-being by fostering a healthy work-life balance and equitable opportunity for professional advancement. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion, and stewardship. OCHIN is excited to support our continued national expansion and the increasing demand for our innovative tools and services by welcoming new talent to our growing team.
We have an excellent part-time paid internship opportunity available for current college students who are majoring in Health Administration, Business Administration, Data Analysis, or a related field of study. This opportunity will allow the Learning Enhancement Intern to experience OCHIN’s Learning department by working on various related projects.
This is a temporary position working 20-40 hours per week ideally starting in June, the duration will be for 3 months. Work schedule may vary between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm Pacific time. This is an hourly paid position at $15 per hour.
Training will be provided by OCHIN.
- Review report data from multiple data sources
- Development of report and dashboard
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Processes members account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered members and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Combines data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and make sound judgements.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in healthcare and technical tools.
- Keen attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.