The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the NYC DOHMH Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
Providers perform vital functions within the COVID-19 vaccination program, including properly storing, handling, and managing vaccine supply as well as administering vaccine to intended recipients. Site visits are a key opportunity to further develop and strengthen relationships with enrolled providers. Program Reviewers perform virtual and in-person visits to providers enrolled in the COVID-19 vaccination program.
- Perform virtual and in-person site visits throughout all five boroughs of NYC to providers enrolled in the COVID-19 vaccination programs. The goals of the visits are to:
- Assess COVID-19 vaccination provider adherence to program requirements and recommendations
- Identify and address areas where providers are doing well and areas needing additional follow-up
- Identify and address educational needs of COVID-19 vaccination providers to help them meet program requirements
- Ensure vaccine recipients are receiving properly managed and viable vaccine
- Ensure that vaccine is distributed according to jurisdictional priorities and ensuring equity in the distribution
- Document site visits in CDC systems
- Perform quality assurance activities on COVID-19 provider data
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and track activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with the five boroughs of New York City
There is a potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirements, including NYC residency.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.