The United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties (UWLBL) advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on Education, Income and Health – the building blocks for a good quality of life. We recruit people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. Through a variety of efforts including an annual workplace fundraising campaign, fund distribution activities, community assessments and cross-sector collaborations United Way encourages others to give, advocate, volunteer and LIVE UNITED.
General Position Summary & Major Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the President & C.E.O., this position leads efforts to design, develop, launch and execute Community Impact Strategies that accomplish our mission to mobilize the resources and people of our communities in collective action to address our most pressing challenges.
- Manage Impact Strategies – 50%
- Serve as UW’s expert on the community’s most pressing challenges.
- Understanding of and relationships with Key Stakeholders in the community.
- Research, analyze and evaluate community indicators and how they relate to UW’s mission and vision.
- Collaborate in partnership with people from across the region to bring the best ideas to light and to scale.
- United Way Allocations Processes in Each County
- Facilitate and administrate the RFP process for agencies to apply for and receive funding from UW.
- Lead all steps of the process from creating the applications, designing the decision-making process and keeping record of all required documentation.
- Innovation Fund
- Facilitate decision-making process to develop UW’s focus area(s) in which UW will make investments into beyond its annual allocations processes.
- Experience & Product Development
- Serve as the main point of contact for UW with social service agencies, government departments and other providers of social services that align with UWs Mission & Vision.
- In this capacity, work with UW Account Managers (fundraising staff) to develop Experiences and Products that donors would like to take part or invest in that align with the needs of the community.
- Manage Community Impact Volunteers – 25%
- Work with Community Impact Committee Chairs in Linn and Benton & Lincoln Counties to align allocations processes and innovation fund focus areas.
- Provide support for key decision makers such as Committee Members, Chairs and Board Members.
- Assist in Foundation & Individual Solicitation – 15%
- As UW’s expert on the community’s most pressing issues, assist Fundraising staff by providing the knowledge they need to write grants and request gifts from funders across the region and world.
- Consult with Marketing and Fundraising Staff on their data and story needs in order for them to tell our story better in the community.
- The United Way Workplace Campaign – 10%
- As the main point of contact with UW’s Partner Agencies, manage their UW Employee Campaigns.
- Represent UW to Partner Agency staff and deliver UW’s message to them.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields of Social Science, Business or Liberal Arts
- Minimum two year’s experience managing or coordinating an RFP or Grant / Allocations Process.
- Minimum two year’s experience managing partnerships or contracts as a representative of a funding organization (i.e. a Foundation, Primary Contractor or United Way).
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to procure, interpret, report on and use data.
- Significant knowledge of program evaluation methodologies and outcome measurement practices.
- High proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Salary & Benefits:
- $45,000 to $70,000 Annual Salary
- Benefits include Health, Dental and Life Insurance.
- Reimbursements for Local Travel Mileage and Mobile Phone.
To apply for this position, please email a Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
President & C.E.O.
United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties
P.O. Box 905
Albany, OR 97321