To work in collaboration with the Interim Director of Annual Giving strategically designing and implementing all mail and email solicitation plans for University of Texas colleges, schools, units, and departments.
- Analyze past direct marketing results and develop a direct marketing plan for 16+ college, school, and unit (CSU) partners based on these results.
- Maintain solicitation calendars for all direct marketing channels and ensure that all projects are executed in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of activity/solicit codes for all Annual Giving Program direct marketing projects.
- Manage, oversee and proofread copy for some direct mail and email projects and ensure that the copy is in line with university messaging and annual giving best practices. Some direct marketing copy writing expected. Coordinate and work with all mail vendors.
- Manage e-communications specialist position, including monitoring the progress of specific projects and assessing the needs of the position through weekly check-ins, preparing performance reviews, and posting and rehiring position when needed.
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to initiate artwork and update existing campaigns to ensure that Annual Giving Program collateral meets university branding standards.
- Manage the solicitation portion of the President’s Associates program, including preparing monthly progress reports, developing marketing strategies, coordinating renewal and acquisition mailings and emails, and preparing the annual membership roster.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics team to determine the parameters and strategy for direct mail and email projects and ensure that data pulls are complete by each project’s deadline.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education advancement/development. Experience working with vendors on direct mail pieces. Candidate needs to possess excellent communication skills, organization al skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to write for a variety of audiences . Ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects amid shifting priorities. Must be able to work with deadlines . Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than the required years of experience. Knowledge of higher education fundraising and Texas’ philanthropy. Experience with all direct marketing channels including, phone, email, and direct mail. Experience working with donor recognition societies.
Typical office environment. Must be able to work remotely.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Three writing samples, including one direct mail solicitation and one e-solicitation .
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.