Joy of Motion Dance Center (JOMDC) is seeking a Summer Programs Manager who can lead and implement its various summer arts camps, workshops, and classes as established by the administrative leadership. The hire for this is immediate and will include early tactical planning and logistics. The program manager will work diligently to have all planning completed by May of 2021 or sooner. Planning will be inclusive of COVID-19 protocols which will be impacted with the onset of vaccinations. Therefore, planning with in-person and virtual logistics in mind will be critical.
When summer programs begin the Summer Program Manager provides support and assistance to instructors, attendees, and parents in the areas of customer relations, administrative duties, and general studio operations. As an active member of our professional studio staff, the Summer Programs Manager is a public-facing role responsible for creating an excellent experience for all who interact with Joy of Motion. The position will report to the Interim Executive Director and the Studio Manager.
- Develop detailed written plans for all summer programs, as outlined by the Interim Executive Director (IED) and Studio Manager
- Ready spaces for summer programs use inclusive of arranging and orchestrating cleaning and clearing
- Determine and secure cleaning supplies, PPE, decals, signage, etc.
- Oversee installation of decals, signage, etc.
- Set protocols for in-person and hybrid operations
- Develop all written communications to be disseminated to prospective students and parents with the IED and Studio Manager (examples will be provided)
- Organize scheduling and curriculums as prescribed by the IED
- Coordinate and facilitate instructors hiring, scheduling, and time-keeping with the IED
- Process registration, distribution, and collection of health forms, and check-in of all students
- Serve as primary liaison: present at the front desk during the entire program day, answer questions, relay information between parents, students, and instructors, contact parents in the event of illness, injury, etc., and send email communications to parents on costume lists, and reminders with call times for performances
- Assist and/or complete any incidence forms with instructors
- Assist instructors in all communication with students and their parents
- Prepare handouts for students on makeup, costume lists, and reminders from instructors
- Inform instructors of any relevant information (i.e., injuries, health concerns, food allergies)
- Oversee Summer Youth Employment Program workers (counselors)
- Schedule, assign, supervise, and track cleaning duties of counselors
- Order and distribute snacks and fair (if provided)
- Be present at all performances and tech rehearsals at performance venues
- Supervise and assist students during the summer program and in the dressing room during shows
- Facilitate aftercare (if provided); instructing volunteers/counselors on check-in, monitor payments, collect payments, etc.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of all programs (intensives, workshops, etc.)
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of all studios and offices
- Perform general office duties
- Assist in the maintenance of the studio database
- Assist in studio and student correspondence, including phone, fax, mail, and email
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will embody a team mentality with strong customer service and interpersonal skills in a fun, stimulating environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative and creativity in solving problems
- Excellent customer relations and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google documents.
- Must enjoy working with children
- A college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Some dance experience and knowledge of different genres of dance are required
- Familiarity with Joy of Motion Dance Center preferred
Physical Demands: Individual must be able to assist in cleaning and maintaining studio spaces, as needed. Minimal light lifting possible.
Location: Studio, 1333 H Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Benefits: Free dance classes
Schedule & Hours: Dates of position: Immediate – August 27, 2021
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 4:30 pm (except performances/sharings/evenings /weekends; Thursdays of a show week is 8:30am – 12:30 pm plus a 4-hour shift in the evening for performances as needed)
Joy of Motion Dance Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit service organization. Equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The position is open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com Attn: Krystal Odom, Interim Executive Director