Tulsa Innovation Labs seeks an Assistant, Operations (Part-Time)
Recognizing that the jobs of the future are rooted in a thriving innovation economy, Tulsa Innovation Labs LLC (TIL) was founded to develop a city-wide strategy that positions Tulsa as a tech hub and leader in the future of work. Through a diverse coalition of public and private partners, led by the George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF), TIL is creating economic development initiatives that seek to make Tulsa the nation’s most inclusive tech community. TIL’s start-up, academic innovation, and talent initiatives focus on catalyzing growth across five interconnected ecosystems, together called “Tulsa’s Tech Niche”: virtual health, energy tech, drones, cyber, and analytics.
TIL is looking for an individual with administrative experience to join the team and provide support to the Manager, Operations and the team at-large. This role will focus on the immediate, day-to-day needs of the team, including scheduling, expense reporting, note taking, event and logistical support, executive support, and other operational duties where necessary.
This role will report directly to the Head of Partnerships and work in close coordination with the Manager, Operations.
This is a part-time role working less than 30 hours per week however specific hours per week will vary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with external stakeholders and partners to efficiently schedule high-priority meetings for the Managing Director and Head of Partnerships
- Consistently interface with external partners to schedule and manage meeting agendas of recurring meetings
- Serve as note-taker at important events such as TIL Leadership Council meetings, workshops, and other high-priority meetings as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to the generic public reaching out to learn more about TIL and funnel them to the appropriate team member as needed
- Perform standard administrative tasks such as expense reporting for the Managing Director and Head of Partnerships
- Work with the Manager, Operations to provide logistical support for TIL events, which will include booking travel and event planning such as conferences, symposiums, and workshops; this will sometimes require a flexible work schedule.
- Support the broader TIL with additional tasks as necessary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a track-record of successful office administration and customer support. This should include:
- Prior administrative experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management skills, including demonstrated ability to support complex projects against narrow timelines and various constraints, to prioritize among competing needs, and to manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Ability to engage with stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to look at challenges strategically and formulate creative solutions
- Proven team player with an ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to balance having fun while getting top results at work
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be based in Oklahoma and should expect to work both in-person in Tulsa and remote once conditions permit, on a schedule to be mutually agreed upon
Is this role a good fit? You decide.
- You are agile, organized, and methodical. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to quickly pull new plans and timelines together.
- You provide great customer service. Even when timelines are tight and you are managing multiple projects, you are focused on being polite, professional, and results-oriented.
- You have a collaborative and inclusive approach. You naturally build strong relationships and establish credibility with a wide-range of leaders and participants as a trusted colleague.
- You are an exceptional communicator. You know how to synthesize and translate information for a broad spectrum of audiences and can make even highly technical language vivid and actionable.
Tulsa Innovation Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. This position offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and relocation assistance.