March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
This position will lead quality improvement activities and provide technical expertise for a hospital quality improvement initiative to address inequities in maternal health outcomes. The QI Initiative Director will work with project staff and partners to launch an initial pilot program in utilizing evidence-informed quality improvement strategies to improve care for Black and African-American mothers. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of effectively advancing improvement strategies in hospital or healthcare systems, and have a strong understanding of health equity racial justice and building strong community partnerships.
- Supervises the Project Manager and works closely with other MOD and project staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Works with the Director of Maternal Health Partnerships to conduct outreach to national leaders, state health departments, and state perinatal quality collaboratives to support recruitment of sites
- Works with the project team to design and implement effective quality improvement strategies, methods, and tools to improve participating hospitals’ policies and practices to advance equitable birth outcomes
- Participates with the topic experts, the Director of Maternal Health Partnerships, and project staff and partners to design the charter, change package, and other project materials
- Provides individual technical assistance to hospitals using sound improvement methods to develop sustainable implementation plans, identify benchmarks, implement changes, and monitor outcomes
- Develop internal evaluation measures and methods to monitor and assess hospital teams progress in completing implementation plans
- Assesses each hospital team’s progress and identifies necessary changes in key technical content, measurement, and use of improvement methods
- Anticipates and identifies barriers to change, and develop countermeasures to overcome these barriers in conjunction with hospital teams
- Teaches and coaches hospital teams about process improvement
- Participates in all project meetings, calls, and events
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Master's degree
- 3+ years’ experience within acute care, quality, risk, and/or patient safety
- Experience participating or leading quality/performance/safety improvement projects in a health care setting
- Experience working on projects or initiatives with communities of color to improve patient experience, reduce health disparities, or advance equity and justice
- Certification in Institute for Healthcare Improvement (HI) change methodology, Six Sigma, or other similar quality improvement methodology or training
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.