Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides registration and billing training for all newly hired staff and employees requiring a refresher. Identifies and monitors registration and billing compliance activities to assist in identifying opportunities for workflow improvement.
1. Coordinates and conducts registration & billing training for all new Danbury Hospital hires & refresher classes for multiple departments. Administers exam to ensure a high level of employee comprehension.
2. Monitors department VIP coordination program.
3. Provides documented feedback to department managers on new hire progress. Makes recommendation on next steps for employees.
4. Conducts follow-up evaluations for post training competencies observing employees in their departments.
5. Identifies registration and billing compliance issues & provides feedback to immediate supervisor.
6. Attends task force policy and procedure meetings for topics which include Access functions & performance improvement projects.
7. Maintains registration training materials.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: MS Word and Excel. At least 3 years of training/education experience.
Minimum Experience: three years
Desired: Bachelors Degree preferred. Medical billing, registration and a health care background desired.
Location: Bethel-20 Stony Hill Rd
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: Variable hours 8am to 8pm Monday Through Friday and ocassinal weekends
Org Unit: 271
Department: Corp Rev Cycle Pafs
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.