The Director, IT & Communications-EFSP is responsible for directing the daily work activities of assigned team members within the Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) team. Responsible for establishing annual work goals and objectives for assigned team members. Responsible for effectively managing financial resources within the limits of the position's spending authority. Responsible for effectively managing all FEMA resources assigned to the team. Serve as a member of the leadership team for the EFSP team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Serve as Project Manager to analyze and execute all approved EFSP IT Technology projects, including serving as point of contact with the IT vendors and liaison with UWW IT team, as required.
- Manage requests for changes/adjustments to ensure they align with the budget for maintenance to the current EFSP computer system used to administer the program and the website used by the staff, Local Boards, Local Recipient Organizations, the EFSP National Board and the general public.
- Direct the EFSP Training Programs, including design, schedule and prepare with staff assistance.
- Direct onsite trainings, Local Board meetings and compliance reviews of Local Recipient Organizations, as necessary. Assist with training of EFSP staff, as necessary.
- Manage written communications regarding EFSP.
- Manage the approval of Variances and Requests for additional funding prepared by EFSP Managers, as necessary.
- Direct the EFSP Administrative staff.
- Assist the Vice President, EFSP with allocation of funds to the program.
- Assist the Vice President, EFSP with requests from the EFSP National Board and Congress.
- Assist the Vice President, EFSP with preparation for the EFSP National Board monthly meetings, including preparation of minutes for the EFSP National Board’s monthly meetings.
- Provide Consultation and Technical Assistance to Local Boards and Local Recipient Organizations through the most appropriate method (i.e., telephone, email, mail) as required.
- Assist the EFSP Controller and the Vice President, EFSP with all EFSP audits and reviews, including the annual external audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Six years of progressive experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communications and IT project management experience required.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Thank you for your interest in an opportunity with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.