PGP (The Public Good Projects) is seeking a new role, a full-time Senior Advocacy Manager who will report to the Director of Marketing. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing effective strategies to lead a campaign focused on fighting misinformation and advocating for science and vaccines. This role will be responsible for growing and mobilizing an existing base of advocates to become more visible and vocal pro-vaccine supporters at the national and state level. The Senior Advocacy Manager will drive measurable actions through digital advocacy including social media, email newsletters and SMS alerts, website content, virtual events, and partnerships. The ideal candidate has experience managing digital advocacy efforts to create measurable impact. The campaign in question requires fast paced work and an ability to balance short term opportunities with longer term strategic priorities. Experience on large-scale political campaigns, health policy campaigns, environmental campaigns, or social justice campaigns is preferred.
The Senior Advocacy Manager will have access to a full production department capable of creating top tier content across a variety of mediums, three social media staff (one full-time, two part-time), a paid media specialist and an influencer marketing specialist, a monthly paid media budget, and a partnership coordinator. Additionally, this position is expected to regularly draw from PGP’s other departments for support: Research (public health research), Insights & Analytics (market research), Account Services (partnerships), Web Services, Editorial, and their own department, Marketing. PGP is a small organization, with approximately 40 staff, but it works on highly complex programs domestically and internationally. Staff are specialized, extremely hard working, and highly collaborative. Senior staff, as is the case with this position, are accountable for both managing direct reports and their own full portfolio of work duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Design and lead the implementation of advocacy strategies of the organization, including support of the development of strategy, management of coordination, and ensuring effective execution within multiple projects
Manage, expand and engage the campaign supporter base, beginning with our current community, then developing new strategies for deepening our engagement online and offline.
- Manage campaign CRM (EveryAction) and lead email campaign list selection and segmentation.
- Guide staff across multiple departments and levels to execute campaign strategies and achieve campaign KPIs.
- Develop integrated campaigns and ensure real time awareness of news and emerging issues for use in mobilization efforts and rapid response content development.
- Develop and present external facing communications and reports.
- Represent the campaign and organization in external meetings and events with a variety of stakeholders, partners, and funders.
- Contribute to creative content planning to ensure it articulates the campaign’s mission and compels people to join, take actions online and in communities, donate, or take part in other other mobilization initiatives.
- Ensure digital mobilization messaging is consistent with campaign voice and tone guidelines.
- Work closely with the Insights & Analytics team to track and compile digital, email and social analytics.
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign emails, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Direct staff and outside vendors toward executing digital goals and strategies.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum of five years of experience in digital advocacy-based campaign strategy and execution.
- A minimum of three additional years of professional experience.
Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success delivering compelling content that will motivate advocates to take action.
- Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, social, and other digital channels.
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional or matrixed organization with the ability to collaborate and build consensus with various stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills that are focused on both immediate and long term outcomes for the campaign.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking with confidence in interpreting and advising internal and external stakeholders on key metrics and outcomes.
- Excellent communication and comfort working with a distributed team in different time zones using the tools of a modern office like Google Docs and Slack
- Competencies in the tools and technical skills needed to lead this work include but are not limited to:
- Writing, managing, and executing email, text and social programs
- Driving social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other channels
- Proficiency in navigating CRM and CMS systems and a large list of constituents, experience with EveryAction strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience or familiarity with digital advertising platforms
- Expertise with a range of digital campaign tools and tactics.
- Excellent Project Management Skills - Translating leadership’s goals into plans with measurable actions, wrangling platforms, vendors and internal resources to keep balls moving and hit deadlines, proactively planning for next steps to spot and clear obstacles well in advance.
- Team Leadership - Experience managing other team members - delegating assignments, communicating expectations and deadlines, training requisite skills, and fostering development.
- Campaign Topic Expertise - Ability to quickly develop familiarity with the trends and developments of the topic area including: experts, influencers, organizations, partners, etc.
PGP (The Public Good Projects) is a public health nonprofit specialized in large-scale media monitoring programs, social and behavior change interventions, & cross-sector initiatives. PGP’s mission is to apply best evidence and practices from the public and private sectors to create bold projects for health. PGP’s programs and initiatives are evidence-based, tailored for particular populations, employ a collective impact model, and are scientifically evaluated.
PGP values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history.
To learn more, visit: https://publicgoodprojects.org/