Are you interested in work that makes a difference in the lives of others? At Way Finders, we light pathways and open doors to homes and communities where people thrive. The largest nonprofit housing provider in Western Massachusetts, Way Finders also specializes in housing counseling, financial and first-time homebuyer education, employment training, neighborhood revitalization, and a variety of other services throughout the region. The need for Way Finders’ programs and services is great, and continues to grow each year. Whether a person is experiencing a housing crisis, in need of rental assistance, or ready to purchase a first home, our Housing Centers provide a welcoming, accessible space for counseling, assistance, training and placement, and ongoing support. During our last fiscal year, Way Finders services impacted 52,000 men, women, and children in the region. Stable housing is the platform upon which we work with our clients to help them to meet their own goals and to thrive. As families thrive, so do the communities in which they live.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders currently has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Homeownership and Financial Education Department. The Program Associate will provide clerical and data entry support to our Financial Assistance team to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of financial assistance applications for individuals at risk of homelessness.
- Primary responsibility is to assist callers with information and direction. Respond to general inquiries and route calls appropriately. Use judgment in taking messages and referring calls to others;
- Update and maintain reports from multiple databases;
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications;
- Communicate and provide information to assist and enable organizational operations and effective customer service;
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others;
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project teams;
- Ensure office machines are in good working order. Assist staff in troubleshooting any issues and report service requests in a timely manner;
- Maintain adequate supplies for the department, or agency as appropriate, and adhere to departmental/agency budget;
- Prepare and distribute management team and committee reports, correspondence and materials;
- As necessary, handle confidential personnel information or correspondence;
- Assist departmental staff with software questions;
- As requested, screen correspondence (mail, phone, e-mail, etc.) for supervisor/department and respond on their behalf according to established guidelines;
- Perform general clerical duties (copying, filing, faxing, etc.);
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two year college degree or relative courses specific in business administration;
- Minimum 2 years experience in data management;
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) with internal staff as well as external clients and vendors;
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, and PC based computer software;
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently and prioritize;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Wage between $15.00-16.06 depending on education and experience. Applications accepted until position is filled; interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.