Research and Evaluation Intern
Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization that provides local human service programs and opportunities for individual and community involvement. For more information, please visit our website at: www.voa.org.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to work with our research and evaluation team to support the development of business intelligence tools and to help with establishing performance measures and targets for programs that address health and social determinants of health.
General Responsibilities: Develop business intelligence tools and summarize demographics and performance metrics for selected VOA programs.
- Develop business intelligence tools that document the size and scope of VOA Affiliate services.
- Link local affiliate program services data with other data sources, including federal administrative data on homelessness and housing services.
- Review reports from existing VOA programs that address health and social determinants of health to summarize program demographics and performance metrics across programs.
- Update facilities inventory of housing and residential programming and assist with the implementation of a new system for routinely and efficiently updating the inventory.
Interested students should apply through the Volunteers of America career site: https://app.joinhandshake.com
Please note that cover letter and resume are required for consideration.
Internship Program Overview
Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, spiritually based organization that provides local human service programs and opportunities for individual and community involvement. For more information, please visit our website at www.voa.org.
Volunteers of America’s 12-week internship program was created with the goal of providing the student with applicable and meaningful business opportunities to complement their academic experience with real life work practice. The internship will provide challenging projects to benefit the student’s future career goals, while at the same time growing the organization with the student’s creativity and innovative knowledge contribution. Our aim is to make this a win-win partnership for both student and Volunteers of America.
The selected interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience at the National Office in Old Town Alexandria or remotely during the summer term. Whether their academic focus lies in non-profit management, external relations, finance, communications, event management or program services, Volunteers of America will work to provide the appropriate platform for students to gain and develop skills in their particular field.
In addition, Volunteers of America will arrange the following:
o For transportation and meals to assist with the cost of interning in the DC metro area
o If working remote, for the use of personal equipment (computer, printer, paper, etc.)
- Dedicated Supervisor and Mentor to oversee the experience for the student(s)
o Teresa Alfaro
o Cristina Blough
- Director, Strategic Meetings & Events, email@example.com
o Aileen Cunningham
- Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Michael McGrath
- HR Coordinator, email@example.com
o Lizelle Pereira
- Director, Office of the President & Strategic Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Laura Sildon
- Manager, Budget & Financial Analysis, email@example.com
- VP Strategic Partnerships, National Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exposure to multiple departments and senior executives of the organization throughout the internship through bi-weekly meetings or professional development activities
o Intern to provide feedback on work performed and overall experience
- 360 Feedback Process throughout the internship, with final review at the end of the season
o Supervisor to provide feedback on internship
Interested students should apply through the Volunteers of America career site: https://app.joinhandshake.com. Please note that cover letter and resume are required for consideration.