The Portland VA Research Foundation is seeking to hire an experienced and skilled Bioengineer. The job description for this position will include repair of robotic pipetting workstation, programming of the automation system for specific assays and establishment of operation protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair Biotech Precision 2000 robotic pipetting workstation and upgrade hardware to fit current testing need.
- Establish computer interface with the automation system for execution of assay protocols and data analysis.
- Program the automation system to perform specific pipetting tasks for antimalarial drug assays using culture medium.
- Write user instruction manual and protocols for the operation of the automation system and troubleshooting recommendations.
Additional Job Duties
- Train team members with the operation protocols for the automation system and provide quality control services.
- Develop and validate new operation plans for incoming testing requests with a variety of chemical entities and organisms.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum B.S. Bioengineering
- Project Development, team leadership and training
- SME for multiple models of equipment
- Basic statistical analysis, Engineering B.S. level mathematical skills
- Software LIMS, Salesforce, Python, Java, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor Hardware Electronics Prototyping, Soldering, PCB assembly, Arduino, 3D printing Design Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, WordPress
- Excellent critical thinking abilities and problem-solving skills
Portland VA Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.
Apply online at http://www.pvarf.org and include a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in the position. Cover letter should include description of recent work history as it relates to the specific responsibilities in the job announcement.