Horizons for Homeless Children (Horizons) is a local non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of young homeless children in Massachusetts and helping their families succeed by providing high-quality early education, opportunities for play, and comprehensive family support services.
What you’ll do
As the Research and Evaluation Associate, you’ll play a key part in assisting Horizons for Homeless Children document and understand outcomes achieves by children and families who participate in our programs. You’ll ensures proper collection, analysis, and reporting on program activities to determine the effectiveness and value of Horizons’ programs and services through data. Working with the Director of Evaluation and Policy and the Leadership Team, you’ll collectively ensure that staff are collecting and entering clean data that supports evaluating the quality and impact of programs.
More details about your responsibilities
1. Simplify and facilitate data collection
- Create processes to automatically transfer data to and from Quick Base from other systems, such as TS Gold and MyHeadStart.
- Modify and update Quick Base as needed
2. Ensure data quality
- Provide training to new users, conduct trainings for existing staff, and create training materials as needed.
- Promote data security.
- Create regular processes to check that data collected and entered by other staff are free from error.
- Regularly assess data quality.
3. Analyze and report data
- Calculate summary statistics.
- Create accessible data visuals.
- Create and update web dashboards.
4. Serve as the primary staff contact for all data issues
- Coordinate data collection and reporting with the Chan School evaluation team.
- Coordinate the provision of data to ABCD and other partners.
- Coordinate data and reporting for Senior Management at Horizons.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two courses in data management required.
- Between 2 and 4 years of experience with database management and program evaluation, within a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Experience designing and managing databases such as Intuit Quick Base, Efforts to Outcomes, and/or Microsoft Access preferred (STATA).
- Experience with assessment and survey design and/or administration.
- Ability to methodically record data and to analyze data using basic statistics.
- Professional or academic experience with program evaluation or research, including data and statistical analyses and reporting writing.
- Experience with issues of homelessness or child trauma a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with a high level of organization and attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented
- Proven communication skills; ability to distill and communicate complex information clearly.
- Proven commitment to operational excellence.
- Commitment to Horizons mission and ability to embody our core values (Collaborative, Inclusive, Innovative, and Passionate).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information about Horizons, please visit horizonschildren.org.