State and Local Relations Vacancy
The American Battlefield Trust, the nation’s premier historic land preservation nonprofit organization, seeks a politically savvy government relations professional. The Trust preserves America’s hallowed battlegrounds and educates the public about what happened there and why it matters.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Policy & Communications Officer
Job Classification: Full-Time; Exempt
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote historic battlefield preservation and heritage tourism initiatives among state and local officials
- Develop strategic partnerships with national and regional nonprofit organizations that help support the Trust’s mission
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Experience in politics, grassroots advocacy, and/or public relations
- Demonstrated interest in American history and/or land conservation
To apply for the position, please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com. No calls, please.
At the American Battlefield Trust, we build parks and tell stories — the narrative threads that make up the rich tapestry of our nation. Our culture calls for hardworking, entrepreneurial individuals that take calculated, intelligent risks and are always looking for opportunities to learn and improve. Our staff is united by a commitment to excellence and a passion for keeping American history alive.
Since 1987, the Trust has saved more than 53,000 acres of hallowed battlefield land from the Revolutionary War through the Civil War. We have reached millions of students and other life-long learners through our education programs. As our nation heads toward the 250th anniversary of its birth, we are looking to grow even more and build upon our previous successes.