The OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI) is an independent, non-profit 501(c)3 uniquely positioned as both an academic research center and clinical research site servicing industry research. Research conducted at the OrthoCarolina Research Institute allows the physicians of OrthoCarolina,PA to offer the best available options, treatments, and cost savings identified through evidence-based research. Our research findings are repeatedly published worldwide for the betterment of orthopedics.
We are currently searching for a Research Assistant to work with our OrthoCarolina Research team in the Charlotte office location.
The Research Assistant provides administrative and general support for members of the OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI) as directed. Duties may include:
- Organizes and performs meeting activities (scheduling, food, communication, attendance, room reservations, minutes, IT-set up etc. as requested)
- Assists with administrative work such as Copying, faxing, printing and certifying records from Electronic Health Records, preparing mailings, scanning, formatting documents, mailing patient letters, calls to patients, scheduling research appointments, or other administrative tasks as requested
- Makes phone calls to patients for appointment scheduling, appointment reminders and phone surveys (as required)
- Sorts incoming US mail and courier packages (as requested). Sorts and prepares items for outgoing courier, US mail. Accepts packets and notifies staff of arrival. Maintains the general OCRI email and fax server and distributes communication to the appropriate staff member
- Acquires signatures, tracks, reconciles and follows up on research tasks as requested
- Builds new studies in Allegro and enters visit data into clinical trial management software and other study-related databases (upon request) after study visits completed
This individual must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks independently. Must exhibit excellent communication skills both verbally and written and be proficient with standard academic research tasks (i.e. scheduling, filing/scanning, research regulatory processes, manuscript submissions, etc)
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
- Competitive salary package
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Short/Long term disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
- Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
- Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
- Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Profit sharing plan
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
OrthoCarolina. You. Improved.
· Minimum two (2) years experience in office setting preferred.
· Research experience preferred