Be a trusted, strategic, fundraising partner to enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives.
- Do you have an appreciation and passion for the role nursing plays in our society?
- Do you have outstanding relational and listening skills that allow you to uncover the visions and dreams of donors?
- Do you possess the emotional intelligence and authenticity that it takes to meaningfully connect with people and build long-term relationships on behalf of the University?
If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
At the University of Nebraska Foundation, we grow relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. During an unprecedented time, 2020 was undoubtedly the year of the nurse. This position would provide you with the opportunity to support and represent the College of Nursing, which has educated and prepared our vital first responders and front-line workers to make a difference in the world today.
As the Director of Development, you will work with five different campuses serving across the state of Nebraska. You can expect to directly communicate with campus administrators and faculty, including evaluating priorities with the Chancellor and Dean to establish fundraising priorities and opportunities. You will be responsible for coordinating with centralized Foundation staff in activities that benefit the College of Nursing and are responsible for preparing proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation and stewardship materials for prospects and donors.
Who we want:
- Relationally talented individual to make authentic connections, facilitate meaningful conversations, and provide individual solutions to help generous donors fulfill their philanthropic goals.
- Team player who can function independently, as well as cooperatively.
- Purpose driven individual who is inspired by what they can achieve and understands that ultimately their impact is bigger than themselves.
- Organized individual who can manage deadlines and numerous priorities.
- Confident individual who has the innate ability to connect with diverse constituents and has a healthy appreciation for the value for the role nursing plays in our world.
- Problem solver who is eager to find new and innovative ways to expedite processes.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in development, client relations, account management or a related field.
- Discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail.
- Candidates will also be evaluated on our core values of passion for mission, integrity, and teamwork.
What we offer:
- Mission-driven work that changes lives and saves lives of people around through education.
- Recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of America’s favorite charities in 2018 (No. 96) and 2019 (No. 87).
- Excellent benefits and an award-winning wellness program.
- University of Nebraska tuition reimbursement.
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work environment.
- Highly engaged organization.
The University of Nebraska Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.