Do you have bookkeeping experience, a passion for helping others? Then Roadrunner Food Bank may be just the place for you!
Roadrunner Food Bank, a Feeding America member serving the entire state of New Mexico, is seeking a full-time, detail-oriented, and compassionate Accounting Support Clerk to join its Finance Team.
The Accounting Support Clerk reports directly to the Staff Accountant and is responsible for assisting with posting and processing donor gifts, vendor invoices, along with other accounting functions such as:
- Learning the financial accounting software as it pertains to contributions, agency payments, cash disbursements and payables.
- Identifying the coding of receipts to ensure proper accounting treatment and classification.
- Reconciling bank information and donor software reports with general ledger entries.
- Identifying the coding of vendor invoices to ensure proper accounting treatment and classification.
- Supporting the Accounting Assistant in verifying proper approvals and maintaining accurate records.
- Researching payment history
- Answering Food Assistance calls to provide crucial information for those who are hungry.
- Processing credit card donations and maintaining accurate records.
- Providing superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Supporting the Finance Team in its objectives
- The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s degree in accounting or related accounting experience of a minimum of 2 years. Non-profit experience is preferred.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a Drug-Free Workplace.