Build a team that drives Institutional investor success
Are you ready to lead a successful team in a forward-thinking, proactive sales environment? At Vanguard, we’re transforming the finance industry by focusing on the best interests of Institutional investors. The Nonprofit Sales story has been one of transformation since our inception in 2018. Our mission continues to focus on building strong relationships with potential clients and sharing our value proposition related to our products and services that continue to position us as a leader in the industry. Although the Institutional Investment Group (IIG) continues to evolve, our core purpose remains - To take a stand for all institutional investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
In this role, you will:
- Manages and coaches exempt-level staff. Provides mentorship, training and motivation to develop staff. Evaluates and counsel personnel. Sets performance standards, review performance, provide regular and ongoing feedback, coordinate disciplinary action and recommend wage increases in accordance with applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of sales related goals. Works with internal sales consultants to monitor and communicate progress towards goals. Ensures internal regional consultants are working as a team with their assigned external sales executive(s) to achieve common territory goals, via partnership with respective external sales leader.
- Monitors internal regional consultant calls for coaching and compliance purposes.
- Assists in the development of sales and marketing campaigns. Assesses quality and efficiency of campaign execution.
- Analyzes client insights, market trends, and opportunities for change. Develops and recommends changes to departmental policies, procedures, and workflows to meet changing business needs.
- Initiates and innovates process changes to ensure a high level of efficiency in terms of quality and productivity.
- Analyzes inbound and outbound call statistics and client feedback and management reports. Uses available data to monitor problems and measure success of the team and the business.
- Analyzes and resolves the most complex client issues, implements detailed solutions and accurate controls, and reviews internal partner and client feedback. Guides team to strategically identify and improve opportunities and work within respective service model.
- Participates in development of business planning. Leads all aspects of the development of call volume forecasts and staffing models for use in strategic planning. Assesses the direct impact of market or Vanguard events/initiatives on staffing requirements. Resolves whether market or Vanguard events have long-lasting implications that require a strategic solution (e.g., increase cross-training), or if the impact is short-term, requiring tactical solution (e.g., additional headcount). Works closely with other members of management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans. Develops and implements specific staffing and training plans based on expected capacity and growth projections.
Create success through your values:
Success in Institutional Sales means taking a consultative approach to developing mutually beneficial partnerships. Our Internal Sales Manager oversees a team of strategic thinkers who use their in-depth knowledge of the markets and industry to uncover needs and provide the right solutions. They build trust and, with that, the influence to prospects to take up their ideas. Show us a determined, can-do attitude and we’ll help you develop a dynamic career, offering you professional training and a wide range of experience to turn your aspirations into real career progress.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent of experience and training. Master's degree or CFP preferred.
- Minimum of five years leadership and/or related experience.
- Currently holds Series 7, 63, and 24 licenses, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Thorough knowledge of Vanguard's funds and services preferred. Strong knowledge of the competitive environment preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sales and influence skills. Demonstrated client relationship management and project management skills.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Proven ability to see opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Shown ability to develop innovative solutions to complex client situations.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within Vanguard.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.