Viterbo University is seeking an alumni and engagement giving coordinator. The alumni engagement and giving coordinator strives to create a lifelong relationship between alumni and their alma mater. In addition to strengthening active alumni involvement and philanthropy, this position will connect with friends, parents, faculty, staff and students as we reinforce Viterbo University's legacy in the Franciscan tradition.
Reports To: Director of Alumni and Affinity Giving
1. Develop all marketing communications and social media platform strategies for the Alumni
Engagement and Giving area.
2. Oversees the campus phonathon strategy and implementation, including the management of
3. Organizes and implements senior class giving, parent giving, employee giving, monthly giving,
athletic v-club and matching gifts.
4. Provides assistance to Day of Giving and Viterbo Days efforts.
5. Implement the strategy for Viterbo's annual fund collaboratively with the advancement team
6. Generate data/metrics when developing strategies for increased alumni participation.
7. Utilizing data mining, build systems and implement strategies to regularly identify alumni and
other potential benefactors.
8. Other tasks as assigned to support the Director of Alumni and Affinity Giving and the Director of
9. Support Viterbo University's management objectives, vision, and Franciscan tradition and
undertake all activities in a positive manner.
1. Baccalaureate degree required.
2. Demonstrate success in marketing within a higher education or business environment.
3. Work experience at a higher education institution is preferred.
4. Demonstrate a commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
5. Proven ability to interact with varied constituencies in a professional manner.
6. Proven ability to work independently as well as with staff and volunteers.
7. Demonstrate proficiency with computer and CRM software.
8. Ability to travel regionally, possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
9. Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends.
About Viterbo University: Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
To apply, please complete the online employment application form and upload a cover letter and resume.
Contact Information: Kayla Berg, Human Resources Generalist, Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.