MPHI is a Michigan-based and nationally engaged, non-profit public health institute. We are a team of teams, process and content experts, dedicated to building A world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
Title: Research Associate – CDMTR
$21.15 - $28.85 / Posted thru: 12-21-20
Employee Name: TBD
Supervisor: Clare Tanner, Program Director
Purpose: Employees in this job participate in most aspects of research and evaluation projects, including: conceptualization and design; planning and implementation; data collection, analysis and interpretation; and reporting and dissemination for projects that involve public health-related assessment, research, and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and Evaluation Project Activities:
- Applies research and evaluation frameworks within community-based settings to conduct studies from start to finish, including design, qualitative and quantitative methodology, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Creates qualitative and quantitative data collection protocols and instruments, including data collection and management processes, and monitoring and quality assurance procedures for a wide variety of study designs.
- Supports the construction of evaluation plans and data analysis plans.
- Performs both qualitative (Grounded Theory, content, narrative, discourse, framework) and quantitative (descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics) data analyses, interprets results, and produces recommendations.
- Participates in preparing project-related technical reports, briefs, manuscripts, presentations, trainings, and other written materials as indicated by the workplan.
Supporting Community Partners:
- Supports the creation of products that support community partners with implementing community-based research and evaluation, performance measurement, assessment, and quality improvement.
- Develops presentations and facilitation activities, as appropriate to the workplan.
- Helps provide project collaborators and community partners tailored capacity-building assistance to meet project goals.
- Stays knowledgeable in the specific content/topic area of the project to support accurate analysis, interpretation, recommendations, and communication with clients and partners.
Project Development Responsibilities:
- Remains current on literature in areas that are relevant to the program, current projects, and emergent areas of expertise and public health issues.
- Participates in a wide range of project development activities, including the identification, conceptualization, writing and production of proposals.
- Conducts and writes literature reviews to inform proposals.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with partners and identifies opportunities for collaboration on new projects.
- Supports the development and implementation of project work plans, preparation of IRB and Privacy application materials, timelines, and reports as needed.
- Travels as needed both in-state and out-of-state.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and committees/workgroups as needed.
- Maintains a positive, strong, credible, professional interpersonal relationship with all parties of MPHI projects, and represents the best interest of MPHI at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPHI employees are expected to maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant of MPHI projects and represent the best interest of MPHI at all times.”
Education: Minimum of a master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other related social science field.
Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of related and progressively more responsible work experience in duties similar to those described above. Candidates with 3-7 years of related experience preferred.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong client/customer orientation.
- Able to work well in team situations.
- Self-motivated, able to complete work in timely manner, and handle multiple tasks at one time with minimal supervision.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including MS Access), familiarity with online data collection tools, data visualization and mapping software, and working knowledge of statistical software packages (such as SPSS).
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Job may require moderate physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of <25# and involves viewing a CRT or VDT screen 25% to 75% of the time. May work in a standard office environment; or may work remotely. May require valid vehicle operator’s license where needed to perform duties of the position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS: No assigned responsibility.
IMPACT ON PROJECTS, SERVICES AND OPERATIONS: The Research Associate has a strong impact on the efficiency and integrity of the research and analysis conducted on the MPHI projects to which he/she is assigned. The Research Associate is critical to the timely and efficient operation of a data-intensive research team.
Contact Person/Group Frequency Purpose
- Program Coordinator Daily Supervision
- Project Leader Daily Coordinates project work
- Research Associates Daily Project work
- Project Assistants Daily Project work
- Clients Weekly Project work
- External project partners Daily-Weekly Project work
“For purposes of employment standards, this classification is “Non-Exempt” from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.”
MPHI works with you to promote health for everyone. Together, we will build a world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
MPHI is an EEO/AA employer that participates with e-verify.