You will serve as the first Development Director and member of the senior leadership team of an innovative startup political action committee (PAC) working to dramatically boost voter turnout by elevating the voices of ordinary Americans. You will help maintain our existing donor relationships and help us cultivate new ones, working in close collaboration with the Executive Director to ensure the creation and implementation of an ambitious fundraising plan. While we are open to a range of experiences, you will bring your experience to the work of building systems and processes to prospect and steward major gifts. You will have an opportunity to build and own relationships with new donors and represent VoteTripling.org to them. If you are excited to build something new, own a fundraising program, and ensure the longevity of the organization, we want to hear from you.
About VoteTripling.org VoteTripling.org's mission is to amplify the voices of ordinary Americans and permanently boost voter turnout by designing, testing and disseminating elegant, low-cost, behavioral science-based voter mobilization tactics. Specifically, our voter turnout organization and PAC specializes in tactics that spark Democrats to get their friends to vote. In 2020, our work is centered on disseminating our research-proven tactics as broadly as possible in swing states via providing free and in-depth training and technical support to progressives on the implementation of these techniques. In 2020, we are supporting dozens of national- and state-level independent expenditures and political campaigns. Our ambition is to gain enough adoption of vote tripling to produce a large enough boost in turnout to flip a 2020 swing state. In 2021 and beyond, our work will focus on developing new campaign innovations and disseminating them to progressive allies across the country. As a Los Angeles-based organization, we are committed to serving our local community. In odd years (2021, 2023, etc) we intend to focus much of our work in the Los Angeles area. In even years when there are federal elections, we intend to focus our work in battleground states.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of an annual $2m-$4m plan to cultivate and steward a major gift focused fundraising strategy, including forecasting in an election and advocacy environment
• Provide guidance and support to the Executive Director and staff regarding fundraising goals and needs
• Represent VoteTripling.org to a variety of audiences and funders
• Develop and manage donor communications, including overseeing and creating supporting materials such as reports or powerpoints
• Steward of existing donors and identifying prospective major gifts from individuals for five-figure gifts and higher; as a Los Angeles-based organization, we are committed to our community and you will ensure we are building lasting relationships with local donors in Los Angeles and Southern California
• Build and maintain fundraising systems and help ensure proper financial records and filings
VoteTripling.org is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. VoteTripling.org is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff.
For the right candidate, we would have a start date as early as Sept 15, 2020 to as late as February 15th, 2021.