With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services crafted to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the groundbreaking WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the leading-edge global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Senior Vice President, Digital Advertising Strategy and Business Development
The Warner Music Group Digital Strategy and Business Development ("DSBD") team drives overall digital strategy across WMG and executes partnerships and content license deals with companies that run the gamut from the biggest companies in the world to local startups that are breaking new ground in media and music. DSBD also focuses on vitalizing incremental and diversified strategic value and revenue through new business partnerships that engage music fans across scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities, this includes social and gaming use cases as well as immersive experiences. DSBD's global directive places it at the intersection of the constantly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with driving core revenue as well as experimenting with emerging technologies and leading all aspects of WMG’s relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem.
Given its broad strategic objectives, DSBD works closely with teams across WMG’s various operating units including WMG’s labels, affiliates and publisher.
Based in New York or London, this role is integral to the leadership of the DSBD team and will align WMG's advertising strategy across its current partnerships while driving new business opportunities. While ensuring an overall strategic vision that is cohesive with the business’s needs is tantamount to the position, the role must understand the needs of the business as a whole and develop internal capabilities across the ads space to satisfy those needs. The role will also be encouraged to grow advertising revenue across WMG and its partners, to source business opportunities within the current landscape and to define new partnerships driven by evolutions in advertising technology and consumption.
- Partner with key executives across the organization to align on strategy and tactics to drive growth and opportunity within the ads space
- Build consensus, enable transparency, educate and negotiate internal compromises that lead to proactive, goal-oriented solutions
- Supervise trends in the ad ecosystem for the purpose of developing new business initiatives and providing guidance and leadership
- Lead cross-functional teams that negotiate and execute deals and partnerships
- Develop WMG’s internal proficiencies as new formats and opportunities emerge
- Proven track record leading deal and project-based teams
- Experience crafting, communicating and executing upon critical initiatives
- Advertising experience working in a media agency, advertiser client or publisher
- A strong understanding of the broader digital media ecosystem and evolving consumer technology
- Robust negotiation skills and an ability to build and manage both internal and external relationships
- Excellent analytical ability, written communication and interpersonal skills
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Aptitude in project management and team leadership
- Proven executive presence and self-management ability
- Solid understanding of digital media and consumer technology is required
Why join us?
WMG is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around to build a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
WMG is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.