Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
- Provide support and/or development of quantitative methodology, pharmacometrics tools, software, hardware, and related business processes to
- Conducts and reports quantitative analyses which integrate knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, patient characteristics, and disease states to optimize doses, dosage regimens and study designs to support clinical drug development.
Provide supports to cross-functional initiatives.
How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible for planning and development of scripts (using R, Python, etc.,) or templates to automate model development to facilitate accelerated model building and reporting.
- Contribute to the development or improvement of our tools, processes and methodology, including involvement in internal cross-functional workgroups or initiatives, external alliances or committees, consortia and academic relationships.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of relevant quantitative analyses which may include population pharmacokinetics, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, exposure response, disease progression modeling, model-based meta analysis, quantitative knowledge management, decision analysis, and EQDD strategy in collaboration with clinical pharmacology leads and pharmacometrcians.
- Prepares formal presentations and written reports to Pfizer standards.
- May contributes with project teams/partners to regulatory documents.
- Stays abreast of literature, government guidelines, and internal guidance as relates to pharmacometrics and MIDD, including internal SOPs and regulations in order to be a team resource of pharmacometric knowledge and applications.
- Qualifications include PhD or equivalent degree with strong quantitative skills (e.g., pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling, mechanistic modeling/systems pharmacology, literature meta-analyses, statistics).
- Strong programming skills (ex: R, Python, Julia, etc.,)
- We encourage applicants from different disciplines including clinical pharmacology, statistics, engineering, biostatistics, medicine, biology, etc.
- Good communication skills (written, oral presentation).
Relocation support available
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development