Help develop an individual, major gift and planned giving program by building key relationships with philanthropists, volunteers, advocates and supporters; leveraging Komen’s global mission, programs and initiatives to attract major & planned giving donors and gifts. Develop strategies to grow and expand Komen’s major & planned giving opportunities through special fundraising events and meetings. Work closely with the organization’s leadership team to meet financial goals through recruiting and engaging supporters.
• Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding a yearly income goal focusing on donors who are capable of making gifts of $10,000 and above.
• Develop and staff a fundraising leadership committee of high level volunteers to assist in identifying, soliciting and stewarding donor prospects to meet agreed upon goals
• Provide leadership and direct the execution of major gift fundraising cultivation and stewardship events and activities such as luncheons or fundraising salons working with other team members as necessary
• Develop and execute on the best individual strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition to build and maintain unique donor relationships.
• Identify new opportunities for major gifts and planned gifts through proactive prospecting as well as ongoing cultivation of Komen’s current major funders.
• Work closely with the research, community programs, global initiatives and public policy teams to ensure deep understanding of opportunities for engaging major philanthropists.
• Prepare strategy, briefings, and proposals for face-to-face meetings with donors conducted by senior staff or volunteer leadership.
• Leverage Komen's Sr. Leadership, Board members and, President/CEO effectively and efficiently in managing relationships and soliciting major donors.
• Work with the VP Collaborative Revenue to support an active planned giving marketing and engagement program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field plus 5 or more years of development experience in a professional capacity.
• Experience setting ambitious goals and delivering results in closing gifts.
• Thorough understanding of nonprofit and philanthropic sector.
• Experience in nonprofit health sector or a desire to quickly become knowledgeable about the key issues and players in health reform.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of constituents.
• Demonstrated success aligning diverse stakeholders around a common vision or objective.
• Exceptional listener with ability to understand the needs and motivations of others, find common ground and build trust with internal and external stakeholders, and synthesize a wide range of information into compelling narratives.
• Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent writing and communications skills.
• Comfortable working with and interpreting financial statements, budgets, and spreadsheets, as well as power point presentations.
• Strong organizational and project management skills. Adaptable to growing, fast-paced, diverse, results oriented culture.
• Must be available to travel in multiple states on a regular basis.
• Prefer 7+ years directly related experience and working knowledge of Planned Giving a plus.
• Master's degree in Non-Profit Management Development.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
• Must have knowledge of how to manage donors such as moves management and the ability to utilize Salesforce database to manage all donor relationships.
• High level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.