Are you a savvy digital fundraiser and marketer who can move people to act? Are you an innovator with a proven track record in increasing online donations and conversion? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you?
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager of Fundraising and Membership to join the Direct Marketing team. This position will overlook the Foundation’s membership program and mass communication fundraising on the digital platform. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, management, and performance of digital marketing efforts related to fundraising and membership. This position will provide expertise and leadership related to optimizing stand-alone digital marketing efforts and integration with offline strategies. The Digital Marketing Manager of Fundraising and Membership will lead the production, execution and analysis of email and web campaigns, leading efforts to maximize the Foundation’s reach and visibility through advertising and search engine optimization, and working across digital platforms (website, email, and social media) to build strong brand recognition and engagement that promotes online giving. Working closely with the Direct Marketing team and internal teams, this role will also lead to innovate and revamp our digital donor and member experience with fresh member and donor segmentations, contact strategy, and new programs, such as monthly recurring gifts, for the digital platform.
• Build and deliver on a strategic online fundraising and membership growth plan and budget with P&L ownership.
• Lead the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns via email, social media, the website, paid digital ads, and SEO/SEM to increase digital membership and donations.
• Optimize digital targeting strategy, segmentation and selection criteria, and identify marketing opportunities.
• Integrate digital with offline strategies for multichannel campaigns.
• Work with internal staff, including direct marketing, creative, web, IT, and communications teams to meet campaign objectives and timelines.
• Gather requirements for the digital membership program, develop contact strategy, and drive campaign automation.
• Manage the end-to-end execution of digital campaigns including maintenance, set-up, proof reading, quality assurance, testing, scheduling, and analysis.
• Communicate insights and recommendations from test results to stakeholders for prioritization and action steps.
• Stay up-to-date on industry best practices, digital software, data, and online trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A passion for the Foundation's mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration required.
• Minimum of 4 years of digital marketing experience in fundraising, membership, and/or direct marketing.
• An innovative, self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of proactivity, works well in a collaborative environment, and is comfortable learning new technology.
• Exceptional analytical skills, demonstrating the ability to create valuable strategic and financial analyses to move beyond status quo. Ability to obtain, understand, and report on digital analytics to drive decision-making is a must.
• Excellent creative leadership skills to enhance digital creative production and effectiveness.
• Highly detail-oriented and strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to think strategically and independently to set priorities and develop plans in the absence of specific instructions to identify and solve problems.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively within Direct Marketing team, departmental stakeholders, and all levels of Foundation staff.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a high degree of professionalism.
• Willingness to learn current systems and procedures, while implementing improvements for effectiveness and efficiencies.
The Foundation offers an excellent working environment, salary commensurate with experience, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to enhance our environmental impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment where you can make a difference, please submit a cover letter and resume