Responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating United Way of South Mississippi’s (UWSM) image and identity in the community. The position works 25% of the time at Gulf Coast Community Foundation for their marketing needs.
Reports to: CEO
Position Classification: F/T, salaried, exempt
• Supports the marketing needs of all UWSM committees as needed and requested.
• Develops sufficient committees to implement marketing plans. Committee members will come from both the Board of Directors and community volunteers.
• Supports Resource Development. All marketing/communications efforts coordinated with CEO.
• Speaks at donor companies as requested
• Attends community events as requested.
• Works with all media (social media, television, radio, print, advertising, graphic design, outdoor advertising).
• Coordinates the productio nof the annual campaign video.
• Designs and develops all campaign literature/materials and pledge forms.
• Develops communications kits.
• Shares responsibility in organizing all campaign related events.
• Leads the coordination and implementation of the annual dragon boat fundraiser.
• Prepare and distribute eNewsletters and eCommunications.
• Responsible for protecting United Way brand in accordance with United Way Worldwide.
• Year-round marketing of UWSM through social media, television and other outlets as required or requested.
• Develop and prepare human interest stories
• Distribute regular community surveys to evaluate UWSM perception, performance, etc.
• Development of a crisis communications plan.
• Design and prepare Annual Report.
• Other duties assigned.
• Manage content on www.unitedwaysm.org
• College degree in Marketing or related field
• Proficient with all types of social media
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding public speaking skills
• Microsoft office products, Adobe suite, and database experience.
• Be a stellar representative of UWSM