Membership and Engagement Director
Remember when we wished summer would last forever? Here in Tucson, we have summer-like weather 361 days per year.
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85702-1111
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Directs all aspects of membership for
the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of
assigned staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments ofthe community.
1. Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
4. Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
5. Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
6. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
7. Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
8. Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
9. Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership.
10. Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
$36,000.00 - $40,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
401 S Prudence Rd