The director provides full operational and strategic leadership and management of WPI to ensure that it increases visibility nationally and globally and attracts financial support for its programs. The director will achieve these goals by establishing and leading WPI’s strategic vision; and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the WPI Council, the dean, associate deans, assistant deans, chairs and other directors at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, donors, and strategic partners. The director is responsible for oversight of WPI operations along with generating revenue through strategic partnerships and individual philanthropy.
Brief Outline of Position Responsibilities:
• Represents WPI nationally and internationally through presentations and participation
at events, conferences, and other high profile activities.
• Direct and manage resource generation efforts through identification, outreach, and
cultivation of strategic partners in a collaborative effort with the Lilly Family School
• Direct and manage communications strategy to expand WPI’s audience with internal and
external stakeholders, which include writing, strategizing convenings and media outreach.
• Translation of research to practical application.
• Oversee WPI Council governance and work with Council to establish strong volunteer
leadership pipeline; represent WPI at the School’s Directors’ meetings; manage the WPI
team and budget and financial strategies.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, plus 7 years of related leadership and management experience in nonprofit management, philanthropy or related field. If the incumbent possesses a Master’s degree, must have 4 years of experience.
Combinations of related education and experience will be considered.