The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public's health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Development/Fundraising
This position will direct and administer all aspects of ADAF Development Program to include Individual Giving, Major Giving, Corporate Giving and Planned Giving. The ideal candidate will have a successful record of front line responsibility for all areas of development - with an emphasis on corporate and major gift results. Oversee work of Development Manager (s) and possible future Development team members. Working with Board members, the Executive Director and program managers, develop and implement a formal Development Plan and achieve all stated goals by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors for support of ADAF.
Requirements: This position has the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of 7 years' fundraising experience and progressive senior-level experience within a complex environment.
- Experience leading a development team and documented results in achieving major gift support and corporate support for a non- profit organization.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge.
- Excellent oral/ writing communications, interpersonal, relationship- building and analytical skills.
- Experienced in use of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge donor software.
- Experience in building relationships with high-level professionals and corporate executives.
- Willing to occasionally work evening, weekends, with frequent travel.
Highly desirable skills include:
- Previous experience with a professional association or an association foundation.
- Knowledge of Aptify helpful, but not necessary.
- CFRE Certification is a plus.
Apply online at:
Search by keyword: Director, Development/ Fundraising
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities