Are you searching for a job with purpose? This is your opportunity to contribute your skills and passion to a national non-profit working to build better lives for individuals and families with mental illness.
NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Since NAMI's beginning in 1979, we have established ourselves through dedication, commitment and an unceasing belief in our mission to strengthen communities and help those in need. The heart of NAMI is our unrivaled grassroots network of volunteers in communities across the nation. Through our united support, education, advocacy and awareness efforts, NAMI is at the forefront, a recognized force in urging new ideas and solutions to improve lives.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Project Specialist. The Senior Project Specialist will provide project management and administrative support for the national office including: distinct projects, meetings, special events and specialized tasks. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented with excellent follow-through and communication skills; remains flexible with change; is able to prioritize multiple tasks; and enjoys working with a variety of individuals and teams. This individual will report to the National Director, Internal Strategy & Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate project team meetings to support operational plan outcomes.
- Create project plans(s), track and manage metrics, actions, decisions, and milestones.
- Manage, track, prioritize and respond to project or administrative support requests from multiple departments and project teams.
- Provide project management and administrative support for the national office including: distinct projects, meetings, special events and specialized tasks.
- Responsible for setup and coordination of project meetings including presentation sources, providing hand-outs, managing other meeting or project elements; producing webinars; and facilitating conference calls.
- Identify and resolve project tasks or outcome conflicts.
- Create, edit, and review reports, presentations, matrix and other work products using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Office 365.
- Create and maintain online libraries, organizational and Gantt charts, rosters, and other cross-functional artifacts.
- Perform a variety of Internet research functions.
- Handle special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from other teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-8 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills: skilled at enriching relationships while setting effective boundaries.
- Adobe Connect meeting/webinar, Skype for Business, and/or WebEx experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook software is required.
- Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, and/or other Content Management Systems.
- Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly using proper grammar and spelling in English.
- Spanish language proficiency desired.
- Project Management or Meetings Management certification.
Must pass background check.